Virginia Direct Mail Marketing Company Reveals Vital Campaign Process
Hello, my name is Shawn Kimmel, and I’m the owner of XPress Promotion, a direct mail marketing company in Springfield, Virginia. I want to inform you on how to correctly set-up your campaigns for direct marketing.
The first step I always take when I go to set-up a marketing campaign for direct mail is to carry out a survey. A survey assists you in getting information about the people your promotion is targeting. You will get to know them, and their likes. You will find out how well they know the product you intend to sell. Discovering what they will react to is of utmost importance.
Steps for Carrying out Direct Marketing Marketing Campaigns
1. When you finish carrying out a thorough survey, compile this data and use it for your direct mail marketing.
2. Combine this with a concise message which has impact, and touches them. Doing so attracts them to your service, and positions your direct marketing campaign for success.
3. Other things are involved, but this is the most important. How well you carry out a survey is what determines whether the direct mail promotion is successful or not.
Examples of Ineffective Direct Marketing Strategies
Some examples where people carrying out marketing have been unsuccessful are demonstrated in the video.
1. The first example in the video is a denture campaign. However, the demographic selected was youthful men, ages ranging between eighteen and thirty-five. This was obviously not the appropriate message nor demographic.
2. Another more specific example is of a car dealership that was carrying out advertising in a metropolitan area where commuters used bicycles, or mass transportation. These commuters did not use cars. For instance, San Francisco is an example of a metropolitan area that is very eco-conscious. This type of campaign would not work very well there.
Factors to Consider When Carrying out a Survey
1. Another way in which a message can be inappropriate is when the emotional tone you are using for your piece, is not compatible with the people you are targeting.
A good example of this is a very boisterous clearance promotion as summer ends. These are the advertisements written in yellow, stating ‘Buy now!’’ and ‘Last Chance!’When you direct this to a very reserved, and professional client, it will not connect well with that particular demographic. The campaign will be ineffective because it does not trigger the intended reaction.
2. When carrying out a survey, also think about the level of emotion in the piece, that you want to convey to the person you desire to elicit a response.
These are some of the points you need to consider when you plan a marketing campaign to make it as effective as possible.
In summary, if you do not carry out a survey properly in your market, your campaign promotional pieces could greatly miss the mark. The wrong message delivered to the wrong people will ultimately lead to a monetary loss for you. This is a very vital point.
Here at XPress Promotion, we consider all of these marketing points when we carry out your promotional campaigns. We ensure that a survey is carried out, and the message is appropriate for the audience targeted.
We want to provide you a consultation for your business. We will find out the appropriate market you should target, and a compatible message that produces the intended reaction.
We will devise the process that results in an effective direct mail marketing campaign.
Call me at 240-997-1216 for a free consulation. I would love to talk to you, and find out how we can help.
XPress Promotion supports the use of consumer data in an ethical manner. For more information on consumer choice protection, please visit the following resource: [DMA]